My swimming event, my way!
SwimFor3k involves a 3k swim per charity. For my challenge, I choose two charities per year, which means a total of swimming 6k on one day, in one go.
My chosen charities for 2018 are:
- Heart Research UK
- Cats Protection League
The swim will take place on: [TBC] October 2017 at Charlton Lido
The JustGiving pages will be set up shortly and will be open for one year.
This year the event will be open to the public and the submission / contact form will be up on the website shortly.
The following rules will apply:
- Choose your overall distance and swim 3k per chosen charity (i.e 2 charities = 6k and so on).
- Fill in the contact/registration form and submit registration payment, we will email you a completion form.
- Complete the swim by 31 December 2018 23:59.
- The distance must be swum in one go.
- The swim must be done at a venue that can accommodate the swim.
- A witness must be present to adjudicate the swim and sign off at the end.
- There is no minimum amount to raise for charity, so long as you raise something.
- Send your distances, time completed and a picture of the signed completion form once it is done and bask in your glory AND receive your medal.
- The three fastest times win prizes.
- A personal event, in a preferred location, and a chosen distance for a chosen charity.
- Illness or injury does not mean forfeiting the event as it can be pushed back.
- If the swim is not accomplished on the day, then other dates are available up until the end of the year (one year goes from 1 January – 31 December).